“The AlbacMat™ Large, enables the safe and effective evacuation of frail or immobile people.”
The AlbacMat Emergency Rescue Mat has been designed with Safety, for both the rescuer and patient being of paramount importance.
How to Use:
How to Use:
- Handlers must have their backs straight to avoid causing injury. The straps can be adjusted to cater to people of different sizes.
The AlbacMat Large, is constructed from customised materials – including polypropylene board and a lightweight canvas material. These materials have been extensively tested in all types of situations (including strength, flame and heat conducted by CSIRO). The AlbacMat is manufactured to Australian Standards 2755 and has the CE mark (Class I).
The polypropylene board acts as an insulator to the patient and absorbs any concussions incurred while in transit. It also enables the AlbacMat to ‘glide’ over all types of surfaces. This includes carpet and vinyl, as well as concrete, bitumen and grass, making it simple and easy for rescuers, while being comfortable for the patient.
- Tapered for patient comfort
- Easily accessible dual straps for securing the patient
- Flourescent yellow straps for detection in dim lighting
- Foot rest pocket for the comfort and security of the patient
- Simple instructions are clearly visible on the self storage pocket
- Three separate handles for individual rescuer’s requirements
- Insultated board provides patient protection from uncomfortable surfaces
- Patient can remain on the Albac Mat until the danger has passed and still be treated if required
- Handles provide excellent control on staircases
- Compact design makes storage easy
Ideal for Aged Care/Residential facilities & general public use.
- Carry Handles: Comes equipped with carry handles, 3 on each side, plus a set of handles at the head and feet that allow for carrying 6-8 people if required.
- Body Strap: Comes with a body strap at the hips that can be used to form an ‘x’ over the patient’s torso or secured straight across the patient’s chest, hips and shin.
- Thermal Blanket: Includes a thermal blanket for patient comfort and safe restraint from panicked patients who may try to remove themselves from the mat.
- The blanket is stored at the food pocket of the mat and can be unrolled at the patient’s feet or used to cover the whole body prior securing the body strap.
- Instructions: Step-by-step usage instructions are provided on the side of the carrying bag.
- Insulated Base Board: Polypropylene base board to provide patient comfort, heat protection and maneuverability/sliding.
- Body Shaped: Has a tapered shape to conform comfortably to the body.
- Easy Storage: Lightweight and easy to store, simply roll up like a sleeping back and place back in bag.
- The AlbacMat™ has been break force tested to a weight of 500kg.
- Provides safe victim evacuation on various surfaces
- Packed: 38cm x 20cm x 18cm
- Unrolled: 193cm x 94cm
- Break force tested to 500kg
First designed in 2002 for the Aged care/hospital markets, the AlbacMat Rescue Mat is widening its market appeal to include Defence, Emergency Services and Mining industries. Other markets are continually opening up.
“Each person I speak to has another place where the AlbacMat can be used to aid in the movement of injured people…the possibilities are endless,” says Allison Backhouse, AlbacMat inventor.
*All Prices are Inclusive of GST and delivery price quoted for QLD only – call for quote on interstate postage 07 55205068