“The AlbacMat™ Large, enables the safe and effective evacuation of frail or immobile people.”
The AlbacMat Emergency Rescue Mat has been designed with Safety, for both the rescuer and patient being of paramount importance.
The AlbacMat Large, is constructed from customised materials – including polypropylene board and a lightweight canvas material. These materials have been extensively tested in all types of situations (including strength,flame and heat conducted by CSIRO). The AlbacMat is manufactured to Australian Standards 2755 and has the CE mark (Class I).
The polypropylene board acts as an insulator to the patient and absorbs any concussions incurred while in transit. It also enables the AlbacMat to ‘glide’ over all types of surfaces. This includes carpet and vinyl, as well as concrete, bitumen and grass, making it simple and easy for rescuers, while being comfortable for the patient.
- Tapered for patient comfort
- Easily accessible dual straps for securing the patient
- Flourescent yellow straps for detection in dim lighting
- Foot rest pocket for the comfort and security of the patient
- Simple instructions are clearly visible on the self storage pocket
- Three separate handles for individual rescuer’s requirements
- Insultated board provides patient protection from uncomfortable surfaces
- Patient can remain on the Albac Mat until the danger has passed and still be treated if required
- Handles provide excellent control on staircases
- Compact design makes storage easy
Ideal for Aged Care/Residential facilities & general public use
- Wider design at torso
- Carry handles, 3 on each side, plus the handles at the head and feet allow for 6 – 8 person carriage if required
- Extra body strap at hips, which then allow straps to form X over torso or can be secure straight across patient at chest, hips and shin
- Thermal Blanket for patient comfort and safe restraint for ‘panicky’ patients or those who may try to remove themselves from the mat while in transit. It is stored in the foot pocket and can be unrolled over the patients’ feet to cover their whole body and then they can be strapped in. You can still use the AlbacMat without using the thermal cover as the patients’ feet will still rest in the foot pocket.
First designed in 2002 for the Aged care/hospital markets, the AlbacMat Rescue Mat is widening its market appeal to include Defence, Emergency Services and Mining industries. Other markets are continually opening up. “Each person I speak to has another place where the AlbacMat can be used to aid in the movement of injured people…the possibilities are endless,” says Allison.