First Aid Accident & Emergency ( FAAE) have teamed up with Gold Coast Active and Healthy to deliver FREE first aid workshops. This initiate has been put in place due to a demand from seniors all over the Gold Coast wanting the latest information on Defibrillators, CPR and how to manage a heart attack, stroke or medical emergency at home.
Scott Whimpey- Director of FAAE, has put together the workshop and rolled out the first session to Southport Senior Citizens Club las week. The workshop was very well recieved and covered all the medical emergencies that the seniors may encounter, including-
- Managing a patient
- Calling for an Ambulance with the App Emergency+
- When and how to perform CPR
- Use and placement of a Defibrillator in a club or residence
- Unconscious patient management
- Head injuries
- Fall injuries- broken hip, wrist and skin tears
If your seniors organisation would like to organise a workshop, contact the team at Gold Coast Active and healthy.