Our procedures in hygiene:
CPR and First Aid are nationally recognised training courses and have practical skills. Some of these skills require students to be assessed doing an activity. We cannot compromise the integrity of our assessments, but have simply made some reasonable adjustments during the assessment, as requested from ASQA – our governing body. In addition to our standard measures, we have implemented the following:
- All participants and trainers are encouraged to wash their hands frequently with soap and water
- Hand sanitiser is provided for all students
- Alcohol and disinfectant wipes are provided for use on equipment and surfaces
- Course numbers are adjusted to follow any current Queensland Government Health directives
- All equipment is thoroughly cleaned with disinfectant wipes before and after training
- Each student is to use hand sanitiser and gloves when conducting practical activities
- Bandaging techniques are practiced on yourself instead of other students
- No face to face contact when performing the CPR assessment on a manikin, 2 breaths can be practiced off to the side of the manikin
- 1 Manikin will be provided per student during the training
- Minimal touching where possible in practical assessments
- Face masks are to be worn by students and trainers when required as per any current Queensland Government Health directives
As a family-owned and operated RTO, we have taken the advice of the Australian Prime Minister and continued to keep essential businesses running. We appreciate your patience and support throughout this time. The health and well being of our customers, team members and the overall community are paramount and we are committed to ensuring a healthy and safe environment.
If you would require any further information or have any concerns, please call our office on 07 5520 5068.
Scott Whimpey, Director – First Aid Accident & Emergency RTO 32508