Our Procedures in Hygiene:
CPR and First Aid are nationally recognised training courses and have practical skills. Some of these skills require students to be assessed doing an activity. We cannot compromise the integrity of our assessments, but have simply made some reasonable adjustments during the assessment, as requested from ASQA – our governing body. In addition to our standard measures, we have implemented the following:
- All participants and staff to wash their hands frequently with soap and water
- We have provided hand sanitiser for all students
- We have provided alcohol wipes for use on equipment and surfaces
- Course numbers have been reduced to meet the government requirement of social distancing
- All equipment (including furniture, handles and bathrooms) will be thoroughly cleaned with disinfectant wipes before and after training
- Each student to use hand sanitiser and gloves when conducting practical activities
- Bandaging techniques will be practiced on yourself instead of other students
- No face to face contact when performing the CPR assessment on a manikin, 2 breaths can be practiced off to the side of the manikin
- 1 Manikin will be provided per student during the training
- Minimal touching where possible in practical assessments
As a family-owned and operated RTO, we have taken the advice of the Australian Prime Minister and continued to keep essential businesses running. We appreciate your patience and support throughout this time. The health and well being of our customers, team members and the overall community are paramount and we are committed to ensuring a healthy and safe environment.
If you would require any further information or have any concerns, please call our office on 07 5520 5068.
Scott Whimpey, Director – First Aid Accident & Emergency RTO 32508